Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School

My little baby girl started Kindergarten this year.... where did these past 6 years go? Despite the tears and tantrums, the first day was a big success... Madelaine did a great job at calming me down. :) ("Mama, everyone has to grow" was what she told me earlier when I was preparing her for my anticipated break-down. What a big girl! I can only hope I will grow up to be just like her some day!!) I am very proud of her.... she really was looking forward to starting school.... she's so smart that she needs some intelligent direction that I have been unable to provide. :) She really likes her teacher, Ms. Griffith, and loves all the "specials" like PE, computer, art, and music. I had several nice mothers tell me that they had hoped Madelaine would be in their own child's class. She is truly a special, amazing young lady. We are very blessed to have her in our lives.
(Some of the pics are of Madelaine on orientation day and the rest are of the actual first day at Shawnee Trail. I added the one of Blake alone, too -- clearly distraught and "lost" without his "Shneh-Shneh"/Sissy.)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations Gena on making it through the first day!! So so proud! Madelaine is such a beautiful young lady! We all are very proud of her!!!!

xoxo
Steph

Daisy said...

you are such a cutie Madelaine! You are going to do great in your new school! With Love, Daisy :)