Thursday, March 20, 2008

Breaking News: Easter Egg Dyeing BANNED at Ross Residence

The once much-loved tradition of dyeing Easter eggs has now been banned at our house. As if it wasn't ignorant enough to try it with a two-year-old boy, we had many more unexpected catastrophes. First let's start with Blake: of his 10 eggs he managed to NOT bash in just ONE. He decided to eat the ones he broke. And that would be fine, IF HE HAD PEELED THEM FIRST!! The ones I was able to pry out of his little blue-stained hands were promptly dipped - naked - into the egg dye.... yummy!
Then in the midst of my yelling at him, somehow my little precious Madelaine accidentally dumped the entire container of pink dye in her lap.... not a little on the table.... no, all of it in the lap. So we have a pink chair, a pink rug, and a pink girl! And I'm not that big on pink as a rule.
As if that was not enough I, myself, then spilled the yellow dye all over the tile. No one helped me with that one. I did it all by myself. Not such a big deal but Blake came running through just as I was cleaning it up and slid, hitting his head on our pink chair. Boy, it was fun.
So here are some pics... most before the madness happened. (And if you were wondering, I only used a few unmentionable words during the whole ordeal. I was pretty proud of myself!)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Yeah . . . we didn't dye easter eggs at our house this year b/c we were out of town, but I also learned the hard way that you always dye them OUTSIDE :)

Brody said...

That seems like an outside activity. We didn't even do it this year!